Monday, December 24, 2007

She's Going to Frame Her Speeding Ticket

A woman in Scottsdale, Arizona -- Grace Picket -- was recently clocked going 68 mph in a 45 mph zone... on her bike!

“Our house is pretty far up in the hills”, said Picket. “I like to bomb down the big hills to try and keep my average speed up. They just caught me near the bottom of the hill and there was no way I could slow down enough not to get caught”.

Read more about Amazing Grace at RockHillBikes.com.

Apparently, as is typical for most cyclists, she didn't have her driver's license with her at the time. So the police officer took her (and her bike) down to the station where she awaited her husband bringing the license.

Howard's ridden down very steep and straight hills before, and even with a slight tailwind, could only get 'er up to 60.6 mph. So 68 sounds a bit challenging and scary even to me!

Way to go Grace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mozam said...

That was pretty funny! I can tell ya though, you won't see Mozam going 60 on a bike. Now that's just crazy. I like my skin too much.

I always amazes me how people can speed, run red lights, and drive terribly and cops never seem to be around to get those idiots. But, they can arrest an old lady on a bike.

v/r Mozam

6:34 AM, December 25, 2007  
Blogger Kin said...

I'm thinking of hanging an empty frame on the wall - for the speeding ticket that they just could not catch me to issue it to me. :)

6:08 PM, December 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

68mph is no joke. My maximum is 60mph in a race. 68mph is pretty fast for a bicycle - impressive.

3:09 PM, December 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home