Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dribs and Drabs

Note to readers interested in Ride the Rockies lore: Scroll down to the next posting or click on "Howard's 2006 Ride the Rockies" link to the left. Or just click here.

As for the rest of you who are interested in me and my wondrous life -- don't think I can't see you rolling those eyeballs -- I'll just add a few tidbits to keep you coming back for more.

I saw the global warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth twice this past week -- once with my dad and once with my best girl -- and it is every bit as good as all your smart friends have been telling you it is. So go. Now. I'll wait....

I met a fascinating retired couple this (Sunday) morning in the town where I grew up. We talked about their residential design project. I've never designed anything in my hometown. So for that reason, and many others, this one could be a dream project for me... and of course for them if they choose to hire me. But that hardly merits a mention, it's so self-evident. We talked about four possible directions they might go -- from an extensive renovation of existing space to an back-of-the-house addition to a pop-top addition to a new and exciting custom home on a spectacular site which looks out over the entire town. You know how I would vote... if I had one to cast.

Also, me and the Mrs. decided that it would be best if I went on the Tour de Wyoming sans best girl due to her shortage of vacation days and our excess of planned vacations this summer (three). But I made her promise that we would continue training together these next two weeks as though both of us were going on the 350-mile six-day tour through Wyoming's Big Horn Mountains.

I decided against entering a triathlon in August. Middle-age hubris clouded Howard's judgment. I'm better now.

Finally, I'm scrambling this week to finish a set of construction drawings for a very patient couple's addition/renovation project in the foothills. So it may be another quiet week at Why Howard Laughed. Sorry for the scarcity of new and original verbiage.

But then you've learned to endure many quiet weeks at WHL since Howard's workload picked up in the past few months.

Hey, I have an idea: Why don't you write in comments about your exciting lives instead? Or on any subject of interest? Anyone have a question for an architect perhaps? If I don't hear anything back from you, I'll just assume that my readers are all brain-dead trolls and mouth-breathers. Wow, how rude, huh? Let me have it.

P.S. I can't believe I wrote a novella's worth of description on our Ride the Rockies experience and only one of you commented. Feedback, people! I love feedback!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you want? a pat on the back? good job Howie, good job.

my life is way more interesting than yours. so much so that i don't have time to elaborate b/c i'm off on another adventure. gotta go. up up and awaaaaaaay!

9:36 AM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

That's the spirit!

11:21 AM, July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feedback on your Ride the Rockies adventure ? I'm still aching, sore, and tired from just reading about it! Gimme a few days to recover from the event........

1:11 PM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

Don't forget the Advil.

1:32 PM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home