Friday, June 16, 2006

On the Eve of My Destruction, the Next Gauntlet Lies Before Me

slide pick
My best girl and I leave for Cortez, Colorado tomorrow morning for the start of the 2006 Ride the Rockies bike tour through 419 miles of Colorado and New Mexico highlands. I won't be able to update this blog during that time, but I will keep a journal and take some photos with the idea of posting them here when we get back.

In the meantime, a friend of mine who is a scant 24 years of age, has offered to compete in a triathlon with me in August, if I'm interested. I am, but I am more intimidated at the thought of swimming half-a-mile, mountain biking for 12 miles, then running another three, all while the clock is ticking.

When my best girl, who fortuitously happens to be my wife, heard about the *next* self-destructive idea bouncing around my noggin', she got all... well... girlie giggly. So now I may not have a choice. Especially after she said she would love to watch me be humbled by the experience. Nice, huh?

That's why I married her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home