Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's All About Me

Great googly moogly, what a day! But before I get started, I have to apologize for the second-rate writing you will encounter, should you choose to continue. My head has hurt all day and I'm only now administering medication. Excuses in place, we may now continue...

My day began as I scrambled to finish as much of the hippie house construction documents before 4 pm, when I emailed the drawing files off to the print shop to be plotted.

After picking up the drawings -- they looked great -- I then picked up the contractor for the addition/renovation project at 6:30 pm and together we drove up into the foothills for a 7 pm meeting with the clients. I explained everything to the lovely and patient couple and they liked it all... well, except they want larger windows [who doesn't?]

When I got home at 9:30 pm my wife told me that Performance Bicycles took delivery on my new Fuji Touring Bicycle, and that they assembled it within hours. I can pick it up tomorrow morning and go for a long test-ride... before watching my youngest son's American Legion baseball doubleheader in the afternoon.

What a life I lead!

But before you go all envious for the Howard Lifestyle, I must repeat that I've had a headache all day, but never found the time to pop an Advil or three -- that's how busy I've been.

But now the Advil is flowing freely, I'm practicing my 12-ounce curls with a Skinny Dip Beer by New Belgium Brewery, and contemplating another Wonderful Howard Day tomorrow. I earned it.

Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings: I believe in luck. And the harder I work, the luckier I get.

Believe it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous cycling supplies said...

I don't get this. "I can pick it up tomorrow morning and go for a long test-ride... before watching my youngest son's American Legion baseball doubleheader in the afternoon." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



cycling supplies

10:24 AM, May 01, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home