Thursday, August 02, 2007

RAGBRAI Pictorial Highlights

Pansy demonstrating proper fit of high heels. Needs no explanation other than Wjacobyansky ALWAYS has this expression on his face...




DecafBeanBoy in a tuck. When you're 6'-5", aerodynamics are a myth...




Sunshine amidst the carnage...




As famous as I am and all I get is one lousy street in Podunk, IA...




We were about to decorate BeanBoy with beads and stick a fork in him...




Some dude talking...




BalticTiger looking cute in the morning in Independence. What a skill!




Jenni & Sunshine...




Team Sunshine paceline...




A new avatar is born...




Jenni about to drop Howard HARD...




The ceremonial tire dip into the Mississippi. L to R: BalticTiger, Sunshine, Jenni, DecafBeanBoy, Howard, Rob, Wallybrau...



It was a great pleasure riding with you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger John Natiw said...

Great stuff Howardman! Thanks for the update. Every time you post an experience like this it makes me want to get out there and ride with y'all (I don't really say "y'all", it just seemed to flow better).

An observation if I may (even if I mayn't.. er may not)...

I've noticed the very fashionable casual/cycling sandles/shoes the the y'all wear in your area. Not the usual cycling shoes at all. Around here almost everyone I see wears what, due to my limited knowledge of such things, I can only call "normal" cycling shoes (very conducive to cycling... walking? not so much).

Not sure what the point to all that is, other than to ponder out loud about trivial matters.

Y'all take care,
J

2:31 PM, August 03, 2007  
Blogger Howard said...

The shoes BalticTiger and Howardman wear have recessed cleats so we can walk like normal people at all the week-long bike tours and organized century rides we do. I started with the typical road bike shoes, cleats, and pedals, but kept wondering why people that were on then off then on the bike again throughout the day put up with them.

The answer: Don't.

11:42 PM, August 04, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome post, refreshed my already fading memories of the great RAGBRAI. What a ride, and what great folks out there in all of Iowa. I hope to do the RTR next year, sure that's a riot too.

9:10 PM, August 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home