Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pansy Palmetto's Bottomless Pool

An F.O.H. (Friend of Howard's) -- and I use the word "friend" in the loosest possible sense -- has the biggest mouth and the most libertine attitudes of anyone on the planet -- well, anyone who is not a total weirdo, creep, sociopath, or loser, which she is NOT, thank you.

Just as Howard calls himself Howard, though he is really someone else entirely, Pansy Palmetto calls herself Pansy Palmetto, but she is really... uh... nope, she really IS who she appears to be in print!

And speaking of print, check out the patch commemorating a bicycle ride to Fowler Falls that Pansy did in 1993. Yes, that's her and her butt cheeks. And here is a link to her new EXTREMELY PROLIFIC blog where she explains how it came to be that she swam au natural. You'll need to scroll down to find the essay titled "Pansy Au Natural". While there, you might read some more essays. She's a terrific story-teller, she has terrific stories to tell, and... um... did I say that she has a mouth on her, along with very libertine attitudes?

Believe it!

How did I get the patch? Why, she GAVE it to me last July on RAGBRAI, a week-long bicycle ride across Iowa. Yeah, it was a long week for me and BalticTiger, hahaha, but the stories were great!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks loads for this one, Howard. Telling the whole world that Pansy is NOT "a total weirdo, creep, sociopath, or loser"! Out loud on the internet, no less. Now how am I supposed to keep on trying when all the for-real, self-respecting, established weirdos, creeps, sociopaths and losers know up front that I am such a poser? ~boo hoo, sob, whine~

5:58 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger Kent & Bobbie said...

Howard,

You beat me to it! I was gonna expound upon the Panz in my Blog and I may still. That patch does have a funny story behind it. No pun intended of course.

Cheers,

Mozam

6:09 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger Howard said...

Pansy, If it'll help, I'll concede that you are a total freak, jerk, psychopath, and indigent. Sorry to mar your street cred with the real weirdos, creeps, sociopaths, and losers.


Mozam, I got Pansy's Patch, you don't. I saw the perfect tie-in with the Hot New Blog and took it. BTW, Pansy's Patch is safely locked away in a gun safe far from our legal residence, just in case you were hatching illicit plans and schemes.

6:30 PM, January 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just casually looking up "libertine" and guess who is listed as a famous libertine? One of my homies, the Marquis de Sade!

11:08 PM, January 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home