Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A New Generation -- We

My wife and I were born at the very tail-end... no, the butt-end of the Baby Boomer Generation. As such, we didn't get to partake in the spoils, we joined the work force when it was already saturated, we had mediocre and/or highly partisan politicians to choose from, and we participated in very little of the decision-making that led to the blaming of our generation for much of contemporary society's ills. But we did get to watch with great consternation.

Now, there's another demographically-defined generation that is beginning to make itself known, the largest generation of Americans -- those born between 1978 and 2000 -- and it will be led by President Obama... Generation We.


7 Comments:

Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

So... who's funding it? Disney? Exxon?

7:21 PM, October 29, 2008  
Blogger Howard said...

Pachatusen, the publisher of Generation We. I hope that cynicism I'm detecting isn't sour grapes because you're too old, siouxgeonz...

8:04 PM, October 29, 2008  
Blogger culimerc said...

could be worse. I consider myself to be apart of generation X. All I get to claim is Nirvana.

9:34 AM, October 30, 2008  
Blogger trplay said...

Now thats funny! Don't they realize the baby boomers said the same thing?
Oh good grief just what I need another group coming to save me.

6:48 PM, October 30, 2008  
Blogger Howard said...

I suspect they're thinking more of their and future generations, trplay. Saving you? Not so much.

I would much rather have an activist generation moving in than an apathetic one.

4:32 PM, October 31, 2008  
Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

Just bein' paranoid, and *hoping* that it's not being engineered.

Just saw a thing on the Weather Channel, though, about a huge project that had a "we" theme.

5:54 PM, November 01, 2008  
Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

Oh, and nobody's too old :) Even the folks who didn't trust anybody over thirty woulda trusted Pete Seeger, right?

5:57 PM, November 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home