Thursday, October 18, 2007

And It Even Rhymes

Thanks to inspiration from Dave Moulton and his Bike Blog, Howard composed the following poem:
Bikes
(with apologies to Joyce Kilmer)

I think that I shall never like
a poem as lovely as a bike.
A bike whose hungry pedals crank
upon the Earth's sweet rolling flank;
A bike that rides towards God all day,
and lifts her rider's heart to play;
A bike that may in Summer wear
a bonking rider's distant stare.
Poems are made by fools like me,
reminding us to ride with glee.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nana said...

I love your poem!

2:17 PM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Howard said...

Well thanks. But I would have taken you for a dirty limerick sorta gal. :D

10:44 PM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

SNork. Even dirty limerick lovers like goofy horrible parodies :) BReak out that rugby songbook...

8:31 PM, October 25, 2007  
Blogger Rick J said...

I want to put your poem on my blog. I really like it, and appreciate that you use the G word

12:55 PM, November 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby get my candle, we have been waxed.

10:33 AM, November 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home