Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wouldn't Even Know Where To Start

On the Google Groups newsgroup Alt.Architecture there recently appeared the strangest posting:
Hi All,

Architecture as a business seems to have some serious problems within it's existence in the universe.

Architects all over the world seem to complain about the lack of money in their line; the lack of a proper business structure (marketing by word of mouth)

Architects also work hard and face extremely challenging working conditions with clients changing their minds too often, surprise elements on site and tight deadlines.

Architects also lead highly stressed lives that lead to alcoholism, drug abuse and high divorce rates.

I would like to form a forum of free lance and employed architects to meet and deal with these challenges with the goal of fixing them with a scientific approach to business development, lead generation, order possessing, client negotiation and timely delivery without killing the architect.

My name is Arul Baliah. I live in Bangalore Vivek Nagar. I work for Microsoft in Evangelizing Business Enhancement and Partner Relations

I wanted to change tracks on my career to become an architect but I thought this might be a better way to be a blessing to the architects' community.

Please mail me at -----@gmail.com if you are interested in joining me or networking with me in this venture.

Regards,

Arul

I'm speechless. Maybe I'll have something later...

Update: The comments pretty well cover it. Thanks.

10 Comments:

Blogger Saurabh Barve said...

Apparently, Arul is a Tamil Christian rocker based in Bangalore (that's just funny). His first name means God himself (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arul_Nool). He has some weird tastes:

http://u2_arul.rediffblogs.com/

and

http://ilb.rediffblogs.com/

He also goes by the name of Ta'fxkz. Check out this cached page on Google (http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:pQcIZmOPVGYJ:tafxkz.tripod.com/music.html+Baliah&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=7). Look at the page heading (Ta'fxkz - the wannabe artist formerly known as Arul Baliah). The song listing is pretty interesting.

You can also find his name on this page (http://www.licc.org.uk/articles/cmw-alumni?PHPSESSID=21999d375f8aa285f134509dc5bd9775). I'm pretty sure all these references are to the same person.

The word Evangelizing in "Evangelizing Business...." should really just be "evangelizing". I doubt Microsoft would use the capitalized word for its official business.

Sadly, it seems that spammers have finally noticed your blog.

9:52 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger Cara Lietuva (Care-uh Lee-ETT-too-va) said...

You can deal with spammers. I'm stuck on this phrase: Architects also lead highly stressed lives that lead to alcoholism, drug abuse and high divorce rates.
Wow. Really?
Or does that just apply to architecture STUDENTS? I'm curious.

11:55 AM, April 25, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

Mr. Barve: Fortunately, Arul did not spam me directly. He spammed the Alt.Architecture newsgroup. For that he will surely be flamed -- both in the terrestrial plane as well as the etherial plane. I can't help wondering what kinds of "scientific approaches to business development" a Tamil Christian rocker might offer American architects?


Cara: It's worse than you know--
Alcoholism... true.
Drug abuse... true.
High divorce rates... true.
Wreckless disregard for feelings of others... true.
Extreme narcissism... true.
Rudeness... true, but only when absolutely necessary.
Sexual addictions and perversions... true.
Noxious bodily odors... true.
Cruelty to small furry animals... sadly true.
Felony convictions... not true!

10:29 PM, April 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, all those drunken, high, divorced archistects are really started to bug me...

2:59 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Ta'fxkz said...

Hi All,

I am Arul. I am not a spammer.

I posted on Alt.Architecture newsgroup, i have been on the group for a while.

Ta'fxkz

11:16 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

Fine, Arul. You are no spammer. You just promote a service of questionable veracity precisely as a spammer would do. But first explain to us how Microsoft could concievably have a department with the word "Evangelizing" in it. And then explain to us how you propose that your forum might even begin to address some of the problems you identified... using a scientific approach... and without any personal knowledge of the profession. I'm all ears... which I guess explains the weird looks I've received all my life.

9:23 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Ta'fxkz said...

Hey HRLaughter,

Well ... all i can say is that my job role is titled Business Evangelist.

If you have not heard of Microsoft's Product Evangelist or Platform Evangelist or Security Evangelist. That does not make me a spammer.

Arul

8:12 AM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

12:54 PM, November 20, 2009  
Blogger Ta'fxkz said...

hi Howard

can i request you to take this off, i am sorry i was way way way up my ass when i sent out that email and made the comments, i wont blame you if you don't.

i thought that because i had a few successes in developing IT business, i thought i had had some brilliant ideas on how to help architects with areas that i was totally presumptuous about.

Arul

9:24 AM, May 10, 2010  
Blogger Ta'fxkz said...

while this well deserved embarrassment remains the first hit to my name on a popular search engine i may as well leave a link to my latest résumé

http://www.scribd.com/doc/59052307/Arul-Baliah-Resume

8:21 AM, July 16, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home