Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dog & Pony

I met potential clients yesterday -- a husband and wife, church-goers, a son in high school about to make his parents empty-nesters in a few years, beaucoups bucks yet with good taste in architecture and presumably architects since they interviewed me, buying a spectacular piece of land on a rise with views in all directions, next to a small lake, they even want to incorporate passive solar for Christ sake (if you know me, you know I will love you long time if you want the passive solar).

My problem? None at all. Except that I want and need this job more than oxygen itself and kibble itself and sex itself. I'm pretty sure I was born to design their house. So what do I say to them during the 90-minute interview? I can't remember. A total blank. Except that I'm almost certain I was charming and funny and helpful and smart and likeable and clearly easy to work with.

Now we wait. Let's wait together...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More than sex????? Ye gads, man.

6:26 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

Yeah, like anyone who reads my blog has ever had sex...

11:19 PM, January 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dad,

I'm here by way of the link you posted at WaMo. I've always appreciated your comments there, infrequent as they've been. I understand and respect your need for privacy, but I wonder if it wouldn't perhaps be possible for you to get an anonymous Hotmail or Yahoo account and drop me a line sometime. Among other topics I'd like to chat with you about, I have a vision for a green home that I'd like to find a way to build some day and wondered if you'd have any input.

Respectfully yours,
Windhorse

windhorse@gjallarhorn.us

5:29 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger Howard said...

Windhorse,

I would love to discuss and visualize with you on your green home in these comments. But I cannot take a chance at even accidently revealing my true self. Not if I hope to accomplish the kind of devastation and revelation that I set out with my initial post.

Thanks for the compliment. I am now infrequently posting comments on liberal blogs as "HRlaughed" -- my current alias and alter ego. The Dad is dead.

12:59 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger NARENDA LAKAMSANI said...

Yet no one ever came even close to interpret what that simple sentence kept like such a statement really mean, I have asked many and posed it as a question in reddit hoping to get a prudent answer, but still awaiting that to be answered. Yet again am posing what is 'HOWARD ROARK LAUGHED'?

2:52 PM, October 04, 2019  

Post a Comment

<< Home