Friday, January 30, 2009

Buddy, Can You Spare a Death Star?

Here is one of the most sobering and shocking websites I've visited in months... Layoff Daily. It's a horribly thorough compendium of all the layoffs announced in the media day-by-day. And it's very... extensive. Dammit.

Now, if you're feeling a bit blue after checking out that website, why don't you check out this wonderful video of Chris Calloway, Cab's daughter, singing Kicking the Gong Around in Santa Fe a couple years ago... before she discovered and subsequently died of breast cancer. Yeah, a real bummer, but since we already seem to be in that mood, what the fuck...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee thanks Howard, you scum-sucking weasel!!! I go to your Blog to read something funny or thought provoking and escape the nagging thoughts that the very next email I open at work could be the one that tells me I just joined the ranks of the unemployed (my employer is at the top of that LayOffs website list at this moment, which has made life a little stressful to say the least) ... but NOOOOOOOO!!!
Oh well, there are some silver linings to be found. So far I still have a job, the midwest icebox is starting to show signs of a thaw, and we no longer have a certifiable bozo as the president. Bonus points for getting ride of our criminally insane gov too! And if the worst should happen and I do lose my job, well then that just makes more time to ride my bike. SWEEEET!

8:17 AM, February 01, 2009  
Blogger Howard said...

That's the attitude, you big loser you! I saw your employer on the list too, and wondered if I should point it out. But then I figured you were already swirling in doubt and trepidation without my relentless taunting.

12:39 PM, February 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home